Two workshops will be held during the annual international conference “Oil and Gas Markets of Eastern and Central Europe”, which will be held on April 8-10 in Minsk. The event will bring together over 100 delegates from more than 20 countries.
April 8. HEDGING OF EXPORT TRANSACTIONS: PRICE RISK MANAGEMENT. Oleg Girko, Senior Vice-President, R.J. O’Brien. More than 15 years experience as Derivatives Broker acquired in J.P.Morgan, Unicredit Markets and Investment Banking, BBSP, Market Securities (A Kyte Group Company) and other companies.
The master class highlights:
• Hedging and its principles. Hedging instruments
• Diﬀerent risk management scenarios – with or without hedging
• How much does hedging cost in practice?
• Strategies for hedging crude oil, dirty and clean refined products
• Criteria for choosing a trading broker
• Practical steps for organizing a hedging system in your company
April 9. EFFICIENT DEALING WITH BANKS IN TRADING OF CRUDE OIL AND REFINED PRODUCTS. Georgi Slavov, Head of Research, Marex Spectron. Georgi joined Marex Spectron in January 2014 as a Head of the Basic Resources Research Group. His team is responsible for the research & analysis of all key energy, basic materials & industrial transportation markets. Prior to that he was Head of Freight Markets Research in ICAP. Georgi has published books on derivatives markets, statistical arbitrage and technical analysis. He is also a Fellow of the ICS in London.
The master class highlights:
• Current political and regulatory environment. Position of regulators and banks in various jurisdictions in relation to trade transactions, registration jurisdictions and company activities
• Economics of banking services. The steps taken by banks to preserve and increase earnings against regulatory restrictions
• Choosing the right bank for trading
• The procedure for opening trading accounts in banks of the CIS, Europe and remote foreign jurisdictions
• What to expect from the compliance department?
• Preparing a credit line for trade finance: necessary and sufficient conditions. Calculation of rates
• Calculation of rates
• Using the bank as a guarantor in a trade transaction. Standby and documentary letters of credit
For more information please contact:
George Pirchalaishvili, firstname.lastname@example.org +44 208 349 1999
Having analysed the trends of the virus outbreak, with health and safety of our attendees, speakers, contractors and personnel in mind, after careful consideration the relevant SOCAR management in charge of the event and Confidence Capital have jointly taken a decision to move 5th SOCAR International Caspian and Central Asia Downstream Forum and SOCAR Drilling and Completions Forum dates to 29 June – 1 July 2020.
With regard to the outbreak of COVID-19 globally, Confidence Capital continues to monitor and follow the latest health and government authorities’ guidelines for the countries where we deliver our events and the markets we service as well as the advice provided by the World Health Organisation www.who.int.
For the first time in 17 years, Oil Traders’ School will be held not in Western Europe, but in Kazakhstan. Oil Traders’ School Confidence – the leading integrated training and professional development course for traders, oil and gas of companies’ management, operators.